- South Asians are at a 60% risk of heart
disease (Japanese – 30% risk and Africans
– 44% risk)
- The prevalence of coronary artery disease
(CAD) in Indians was 1% in 1960 and increased
to 11% by 2001.
- By 2003 India had the largest numbers of
people with diabetes (35.5 million). This
number will increase by 60% by the year 2025!
Though these are the facts, these numbers can
be greatly reduced once a healthy diet and exercise
regime have been adopted as a part of one’s
This seminar covers:
- Brief overview of the various diseases.
- Signs and symptoms of the diseases.
- How nutrition can impact these conditions.
- General nutrition information.
Interested in having such a seminar conducted
at your workplace? Please